Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cafe Melba

Was supposedly to start work on Monday 14 January. But guess what? Thanks to the job agency's miscommunication, we travelled to Commonwealth & cab to Tai Seng to get notified that we start on 31 January. WOW! I'm totally amazed. Seriously. This is just a simple case that can be easily handled. Yet it had to be ... argh. Okay enough of this, I just hope they will reimburse my cab fare. $16++ no joke. Anyway, Fiona & I decided to head down to a nearby cafe to seek comfort in food since we were feeling kind of annoyed & hungry. After viewing reviews online, we decided on Cafe Melba. It's a 6min walk from Mountbatten MRT. The area is quite ulu, but we managed to find it, thanks to GPS.

Cafe Melba
Pretty girl browsing the menu(:

Water was served quite promptly! 



The ambience was not bad!


Sugar cubes in a cute jar!


I ordered a banana & strawberry smoothie, $8



Smoked portobello mushroom with goat cheese, tomatoes & veg, $18.

Fiona ordered the Melba breakfast set, $24. Personally, I felt that their food is quite overpriced. I mean who pays $12 for a soup of the day?! The total bill ended at $60.04... O.O I wouldn't go back there for the food cos the I find it quite expensive. But I would come back for the ambience..maybe? Wouldn't recommend anyone to go there unless you want to go there just to enjoy the ambience. The service was a little above average and the people there seem friendly..

After our meal, we decided made an impromptu decision to go watch So Undercover at ehub! The movie was better then Les Miserables I feel.. Cos there was definitely no singing involved... *phew* Thereafter, I went to return & paid my overdue books fine. & off to Fiona's house to slack! Initially wanted to play kinect, but we don't really know how to set it up & I was feeling kinda lazy. Haha, so we watched some shows. Anyway, the shitty start to the day was made better thanks to her company. But I still feel kinda upset that I can start work soon & that I have to start work towards the beginning of CNY.. Haiz, wth was I thinking when I signed that contract.. Why oh why do they keep delaying? Damn. /:


:) To all the shit that we've been through! *raises wine glass* LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment